One of KOCT’s great traditions are the family-like pot lucks we have had over the years to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. This year we had a great mix of Board members, volunteers and staff who attended and brought delicious food to share. There was also a spirited gift exchange with some strategic thefts of prized gifts. KOCT has been blessed with dedicated board members and talented production personnel over our 30+ years of service to our community. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Board and Staff of KOCT!
Monday, December 9, 2013
KOCT’s camera crew was at this year's 26th Annual North County Philanthropy Council’s Volunteer Awards luncheon.
|From left to right: Marjory Pierce, Callie Stewart, Camo Gleisberg, Mary Gleisberg, Michelle Davis, |
Cydnie Braden, Debbie Allen and Carol Mudget
We now have two programs about this event to share with you:
- For those with short attention spans go the homepage of KOCT and click on the big video window for the Newsbrief version.
- If you want to see the entire program click here . Every major North County non-profit was at this event to honor the volunteers who give so much to so many. Long time KOCT board member, Michele Bray-Davis was one of many volunteers to enjoy a lunch and receive a beautiful glass plaque. And Colleen O’Hara, former Oceanside councilmember and one of the founders of the Women’s Resource Center, was given the Robert Krejci Standards of Excellence Award for her many years of service to our community in so many volunteer capacities. If you see a friend in the video make sure you send them the KOCT link so they can see it too.
To find out more about the North County Philanthropy Council click here.
With so many digital distractions it’s not always easy to find KOCT amongst the channel clutter. Cox Cable has hundreds of channels to wade through, but only two of those many channels are for, by and about our hometown of Oceanside.
One easy way to check out what KOCT is airing is to make KOCT your Power-On channel; that way as soon as you sit down to watch TV you can easily see what valuable community-centric KOCT program is airing BEFORE you watch the national news offerings. And if you also make KOCT a Favorite channel you only have to push one button to watch KOCT and our city council replays, documentaries and North County talk shows.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your remote control, push ‘settings’ and then ‘A’ or more settings
- Next click ‘My Preferences’. There you will have a choice of selecting your Favorite Channels (18 & 19 of course) and your Power-On Channel: either 18-Your Community Channel or 19-Your Government Channel.
- Then click ‘Exit’ to return to get out of the ‘settings mode’.